web analytics

Forum

You need to log in to create posts and topics.

The country has a very european flavor with some 97% of its population having euro roots.

I have to be honest. In a perfect world, I would not even be considering using Bitcoin. I do not match the first adopter profile (and in fact, I am not a first adopter. I probably count as second or even third tier). In terms of investing, I would be far happier with an investment of bonds making a safe 4 percent a year. I would be perfectly happy sitting in an office working towards a secure retirement, doing my best to provide value to my employer. I would be perfectly happy trusting the institutions of our society, governmental and financial, etc., to operate with high ethics in the interests of the general public. This was a big problem for the currency: How to move money between buyers and seller? Some business emerged that would credit you with bitcoin if you wired them money. Very often these businesses would give addresses in Albania, Poland, or Russia. The fact is that many of these did work and there are a lot of stories on the forums of people who bought bitcoins this way. But it took a lot of time and in the meantime the buyer just had to bite his or her fingernails wondering if they would get their bitcoins or kiss their investment goodbye. In 2008 the exchange rate was 3 Argentine Pesos to 1 U.S. Dollar (USD). While the USD was not universally accepted, convertibility into Pesos was no problem. What I immediately noticed was how cheap certain things were like beef and public transportation. I felt like I could get a substantial meal with wine in a restaurant for a very reasonable price, and this was in a big city. Prior to their economic problems, the exchange rate was 1:1. Why compare the progression of the Argentine economy to the that of the U.S. ? Certainly there are differences. Primarily, the existence of the USD as the currency of the world and the confidence it brings is the only thing that has separated the fate the U.S. from that of Argentina. One of the economic laws I postulated was that confidence = credit. The man was arrested at the San Francisco Public Library, Glen Park Branch, at 3:15 p.m. on Tuesday. Ulbricht was known by a nickname online, "Dread Pirate Roberts." The FBI teamed with other government agencies on the take down of the Silk Road website. The IRS, Drug Enforcement Administration, Department of Immigration and Customs Enforcement. The FBI was able to seize $3.5 million in bitcoins during Ulbricht initial arrest. https://bitcoin-qr-code.net/